50 MILE PROGRAM
This 24-week 50 Mile program is designed for beginner to intermediate runners who have their sights set on a 50 Mile race, likely on trails. There are five to six weekly runs and two weekly strength circuits that build a strong, capable body + mind so you can go the distance, feeling solid and happy, on race day.
In order to thrive in the program, we ask that you have these prereqs:
- Completed a 50K within 12 months of starting program
- Injury-free (or almost there with regular PT and exercises)
- Nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better)
- A nearby physical therapist who knows your body + your goals and who you can see regularly, especially in the thick of training
- A foam rolling routine you will complete regularly (at least 3x a week)
- Enough time to train and recovery properly (time to prepare food + eat well, foam roll, get adequate sleep)
If you don’t meet them but are drooling at the thought of a 50 Miler, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll chat.
FIRST AND WORST (READ: HARDEST) WEEK OF TRAINING: