Ready for Ragnar?
In other words, are you ready to thrive, both mentally and physically, as you run 3 trail loops on less-than-ideal nutrition (Twizzlers and Cool Ranch, anyone?); minimal sleep; and team dynamics that can swing from amazing to argumentative in less than a mile?
Despite the logistical challenges, Ragnar is a blast that you will remember and laugh about for years if—a big IF—you train correctly.
Running three times in about a day, even if you're an experienced runner, requires thoughtful preparation which takes you from where you are right now, fitness-wise, and works you up to running multiple times while building strength and cardiovascular efficiency.
This Crush It Plan helps you do exactly that, and in doing so, gets you perfectly prepared to perform in the (awesome but challenging) Run, Rest and Repeat cycle that is Ragnar.
PREREQS: Prior to starting the 12-week Crush It plan, you should be able to run for 60 minutes without stopping. Taking a walk break is fine now and during the training, but you should be able to complete a solid 60-minute session, as the first long weekend run is 5-6 miles.
FEATURES OF THE PLAN
- Four runs/week for 12 weeks
- A variety of workouts, including more intense sessions and easier runs
- Four opportunities with three workouts about 24 hours to get you ready for Ragnar
- Two strength-training sessions/week; we provide easy-to-execute circuits
- One/two optional cross training sessions/week
- One full rest day weekly, at a minimum
- One 10-mile run
- One 10-11-mile run
- Two 12-mile runs (YOU CAN DO THIS!)
BIGGEST WEEK OF TRAINING: 30-31 miles
TRAINING WITH TEAMMATES? We've got sweet discounts for all of you.