This 24-week 50K program is designed for beginner to intermediate runners who have their sights set on a 50K run, likely on trails, sometime between mid-August-December 2017. There are five to six weekly runs and two weekly strength circuits that build a strong, capable body + mind so you can go the distance, feeling solid and happy, on race day.
In order to thrive in the program, we ask that you have these prereqs:
- Completed a marathon (road or trail) within 12 months of starting program
- Injury-free (or almost there with regular PT and exercises)
- Nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better)
- A nearby physical therapist who knows your body + your goals and who you can see regularly, especially in the thick of training
- A foam rolling routine you will complete regularly (at least 3x a week)
- Enough time to train and recovery properly (time to prepare food + eat well, foam roll, get adequate sleep)
If you don't meet them but are drooling at the thought of a 50K, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll chat.
TWO SAMPLE WEEKS
Please note: these are definitely higher mileage weeks towards the peak of training.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Although we are opening registration now, the first 24-week training wave will go off on March 6, in preparation for a race the weekend of August 19-20. We will not have the plans ready until March 6 (at the latest; they may be ready earlier.)
We will, however, have the Facebook page open, so you can get to know your fellow soon-to-be ultra #motherrunners.
After Wave 1 (March 6- August 19-20: race weekend) goes off, we can train anybody for a race through the end of December 2017.
We have identified The North Face San Francisco (Likely December 2-3; Marathon + 50K + 50 Mile) as a Potential Target Race. Target races are races where we will have a critical mass of #motherrunners, and Coach Stephanie and Dimity will be in attendance; once we have it solidified, we will let you know.
You do not have to race at the target race; we can train you for any race around the world.
Finally once we have registration underway, we will contact you for your race date so we can get you in the appropriate training wave.