This 24-week 50K program is designed for beginner to intermediate runners who have their sights set on a 50K run, likely on trails, sometime between mid-August-December 2017. There are five weekly workouts, two weekly strength circuits, and two rest days. Together, the combination builds a strong, capable body + mind so you can go the distance, feeling solid and happy, on race day.
In order to thrive in the program, we ask that you have these prereqs:
- Completed a marathon (road or trail) within 12 months of starting program
- Injury-free (or almost there with regular PT and exercises)
- Nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better)
- A nearby physical therapist who knows your body + your goals and who you can see regularly, especially in the thick of training
- A foam rolling routine you will complete regularly (at least 3x a week)
- Enough time to train and recovery properly (time to prepare food + eat well, foam roll, get adequate sleep)
If you don’t meet them but are drooling at the thought of a 50K, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll chat.
FIRST WEEK + WORST WEEK (READ: HARDEST) OF TRAINING:
We have identified The North Face San Francisco (Likely December 2-3; Marathon + 50K + 50 Mile) as a Potential Target Race. Target races are races where we will have a critical mass of #motherrunners, and Coach Stephanie and Dimity will be in attendance; once we have it solidified, we will let you know.
You do not have to race at the target race; we can train you for any race around the world.